Friday, May 4, 2012

Don't Drive your man crazy! Beauty tips for a more gorgeous you!



Hey ladies I found some tips to help you stay away from things our men hate! I am definitely guilty of a few of these things! I love my boy so i'm going to work on these!

Fragrance Overload. When you spritz on too much of your favorite perfume, you’ll be keeping men away rather than close. I like to mist two spritzes of something not too heavy.
Cakey Foundation. When you wear layers and layers of foundation, it will get all over his clothing and his sheets–a major no-no in a man’s head. Also, from personal experience, guys like to see the real you, not you covered in ounces of foundation. Guys notice more than you think.

Overdone Fake Lashes. Individual wispy lashes look amazing and brighten up your peepers, but at the end of the night when your super thick lashes are dangling from one corner of your eye, it’s anything but attractive. When applying lashes, get ones that are natural looking, and add some mascara after you apply them. Also, be sure to keep lips more natural when you have a heavy eye.
Dry Skin. What guy wants to cuddle with a girl with dry skin? Always apply a moisturizing lotion the moment you step out of the shower to ensure your skin stays silky smooth.
Hairy Legs. Spiky, hairy legs are a guy’s worst nightmare. If you’re in a relationship and stop shaving, this will literally mean that things have gotten too comfortable in a man’s mind. Shave in the evening for the smoothest possible legs (your legs swell when you sleep, so if you shave in the morning, you’ll miss hairs), and use a brand new blade each time. In addition, apply lotion after each shave to lock in the moisture.
Yellow Teeth. This is a little too obvious–yellow teeth on anyone just looks bad. Use whitening toothpaste and mouthwash. And, if teeth still aren’t pearly white, try out Crest Whitestrips–they seriously work.
Sticky Lip Gloss. Who wants to smooch when your lips just get stuck together and gooey? Try a gloss that’s moisturizing (anything that doesn’t have the words lacquer in in), and lips will be kissable and colorful. Or, just play up your eyes and wear a tinted chap stick.
Stiff Hair. Every man likes to run his hands through smooth, silky hair, and when you pile on the hairspray or forget to brush your locks, you’re going to look messy and unapproachable. Try pulling hair back into a ponytail or wear your hair down with a pretty blow out.
Too Much Eye Makeup. Eyes look far from flirty when shadows are caked on and piled on top of each other. Use a more natural tone, and make eyes smoky by smudging your black liner on the outer rims of your eyes.
Bold Lipstick. Although a bold lip can be super sexy, it’s often hard to pull off. Guys tend to be afraid that when kissing you, they’ll be left with a red lip and smudges all over their face, so if you’re heading on a first date, stick with a more neutral lip.
Hair Add-Ins. To put it simply, guys like hair to be simple and touchable, so try and lay off the hair accessories.
Neon, Dark, and Patterned Nails. This is the one I can’t agree with. Maybe it’s because I choose to date the artsy guys, but most guys I’ve dated love when I do something cool and fun with my nails. I think having creative and unique nails gives you some character; so by all means, rock those patterned nails and add some glitter while you’re at it!

Tips for a more gorgeous you!
1) Eat Your Raw Veggies
Your mom was onto something when she told you to eat your veggies, the importance of raw greens in your diet is IMMENSE, a fun little fact that we all know but tend to ignore. You can get your green fix by eating the veggies raw or by loading bunch of greens into a shake or smoothie, which is my preferred method. All you need to do is throw a bunch of raw greens (celery, cucumbers, parsley, spinach, etc) into a blender or juicer and drink up for a mega-dose of nutrients. To make it go down easier, I sometimes add lemon or apples. The living enzymes in raw greens assist the body processes like digestion, detoxification, and rebuilding.


2) Yoga
Anxiety used to ooze form every fiber of my being. My brow was perpetually furrowed, my lips constantly pursed, and a blanket of worry had me tightly swaddled. I still deal with my share of stress but I do it with a lot more ease now that I have re-introduced yoga to my daily routine. In addition to the natural calm yoga induces, which many of us can benefit from; it enormously improves posture and muscle tone and will give you that delicate ballerina-like gracefulness. And, there really is no excuse not to do it. If you don’t want to pay for classes, you can get them on demand through Comcast or Time Warner. Don’t have cable? Well then you can download courses on the Internet. 

3) Stop Stressing About Your Weight!!!!!
I’m gonna give you another little tale about my life. I was once a perpetual dieter, I mean ALWAYS on a diet and ALWAYS wanting to lose at least 5 more pounds. Eventually I hit the point where I no longer had the strength or energy to care, when I was hungry I ate when I wasn’t I didn’t. I never had cravings because I knew if I wanted something I could have it. Within a few months I had somehow dropped a significant amount of weight and the best part is I never put it back on. Sure I have my weeks where I’m a human garbage disposal gorging on everything in sight, but I don’t beat myself up over it and know that it will all balance out.

4) Good Posture 
The way you carry yourself is everything in this world. When you’re slumped over or hunched it conveys that you’re insecure, tired, or just plain grouchy and who wants to be around that? Attitude is a huge component in attractive-ness and your stance and posture send strong subliminal messages to everyone you meet. From now on, start paying attention to how you carry yourself- whenever you catch yourself hunching over, straighten up, put those shoulders back and blaze a trail of confidence with every step you take. Mark my word, a change of posture will lead to a big change in how people respond to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment